Login

BrotherReed:
Saw [b]Limitless[/b] tonight. Bradley Cooper plays a role that I would have ideally liked to see inhabited by a young Jeff Goldblum. He\'s a scrappy author with a bad case of writer\'s block whose life is going down the tubes until he stumbles upon a crazy new drug that allows him to access his brain\'s full potential. With his memories neatly organized, his learning ability through the roof and his senses sharpened, he easily pulls his life together and starts making money in the stock market. However, he can only last for so long and his crashes from the medication become more problematic even as he begins to be pursued by some unruly characters. Limitless is an entertaining thriller with a fun visual conceit. I found myself interested in the way the experience of NZT was portrayed on screen through the use of angles, zooms, closeups, lighting, etc. The biggest problem is focus. The movie has so many ideas that could arise from its premise it can\'t decide which ones to chase, and so ends up leaving a lot of plot threads lying around and having sort of a frayed narrative. The ending also seems sudden and while it\'s open to interpretation I think only one interpretation allows the movie not to break down. It\'s occasionally preposterous but mostly stimulating throughout. 1. Drive - 8/10 2. The Adjustment Bureau - 8/10 3. Hanna - 7/10 4. Super 8 - 7/10 5. Horrible Bosses - 7/10 6. The Ward - 7/10 7. In Time - 7/10 8. Source Code - 7/10 9. The Lincoln Lawyer - 7/10 [b]10. Limitless - 6.5/10 [/b] 11. Insidious - 6/10 12. Midnight in Paris - 6/10 13. Unknown - 6/10 14. X-Men: First Class - 5/10 15. Thor - 5/10 16. Conan O\'Brien Can\'t Stop - 4/10 17. Just Go With It - 2/10

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)