Help | Sign In
myPanel Home Join Chat Forums Inbox Groups Search Invite Music Videos
Christian Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
U.S., allies launch missile strikes on Libya (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: U.S., allies launch missile strikes on Libya
MisterNathan (Admin)
Admin
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
U.S., allies launch missile strikes on Libya 3 Years, 4 Months ago Rating: 59  
U.S., allies launch missile strikes on Libyan targets

QUOTE:
Reporting from Tripoli, Libya, and Washington— U.S., French and British forces blasted Libyan air defenses and armor, drawing intense volleys of tracer and antiaircraft fire over Tripoli early Sunday at the start of a campaign aimed at protecting rebel-held areas that will severely test Moammar Kadafi's powers of survival.

French fighter jets and U.S. and British warships, firing more than 110 cruise missiles from the Mediterranean Sea, struck multiple military targets.

[...]

Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, who represented the United States in Paris, said that despite his promises of a cease-fire, made after the U.N. resolution, Kadafi's forces had continued their attacks. "We have every reason to fear that, left unchecked, Kadafi will commit unspeakable atrocities," she said.

[...]

Eleven U.S. ships in the Mediterranean are part of the operation, joining 11 from Italy, one Canadian ship and one British submarine. Officials would not specify the total number of planes being flown in the operation, but the United States is flying at least four signal-jamming aircraft.

What the heck, U.S.?

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Owlright (User)
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Re:U.S., allies launch missile strikes on Libya 3 Years, 4 Months ago Rating: 7  
Well, the U.N. approved using all necessary measures to protect civilians from Gadhafi's forces, and the U.S. is a part of the U.N. soooo....

Malygos (User)
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Re:U.S., allies launch missile strikes on Libya 3 Years, 4 Months ago Rating: 9  
See? I've said it before, I'll say it again: GET OUT OF THE U.N.

Besides, just because the U.N. approves it does NOT mean we HAVE to do it. For heaven's sake, people! Is it not obvious enough to those idiots that TWO WARS are taxing the economy enough without throwing us into a third one??

Owlright (User)
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
While I agree we shouldn't be involved like this, although for different reasons, according to officials the plan is for the U.S. to only be involved in military action for only a week or a few days, and we won't be deploying any ground troops (source). So that's something at least.

Malygos (User)
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Re:U.S., allies launch missile strikes on Libya 3 Years, 4 Months ago Rating: 9  
Owlright wrote:
QUOTE:
While I agree we shouldn't be involved like this, although for different reasons, according to officials the plan is for the U.S. to only be involved in military action for only a week or a few days, and we won't be deploying any ground troops (source). So that's something at least.

To be fair, they aren't historically known for doing what they say

Owlright (User)
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
True Hopefully we will this time.

javie (User)
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Re:U.S., allies launch missile strikes on Libya 3 Years, 4 Months ago Rating: 5  
The U.N. may have started this, but Obama milked the idea of going into war with Libya. I know that this has been said a gazillion times, but I'm going to say it anyway. What has happen to our country? Before, we were a nation that didn't want to get involved with any war that one country was fighting against. The reasons for why we ever went to war back then were only when other nations strike against us, or when they intimidate us. For example, World War I and II, we didn't want to get involved with either one of them. But due to the attack of the Lusintania and Pearl Harbor, we went to war. Those were the reasons for why we went to war. But once we established and got involved with the U.N., we have been in nothing but trouble.

The Vietnam war was a lie and the war on terror is as a big of a cruel joke as the war on drugs. Now, we got this war in Libya. There's no need for it. If I became president in the next term, I would pull our troops out of Libya, and destroy the U.N.

Owlright (User)
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
We have no troops in Libya.

serfofChrist92 (Admin)
Admin
graphgraph
Re:U.S., allies launch missile strikes on Libya 3 Years, 4 Months ago Rating: 30  
But apparently we did accidentally crash an F-15. First time we let the freaking AF (or Navy...not sure where the bird took off) do something important and they fail miserably.

javie (User)
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
Re:U.S., allies launch missile strikes on Libya 3 Years, 4 Months ago Rating: 5  
Owlright wrote:
QUOTE:
We have no troops in Libya.
Yeah, you're right, but this is still an operation that is unnecessary.

Go to top Post Reply