31 things girls want guys to know
This is in response to that blog that everyone has called "30 things guys want girls to know" because frankly, there are at least 30 things girls want guys to know, so I put together a list of 31 -- yes 31... not 30 (because as we all know, girls talk more than guys). And plus, the guy who wrote "30 things guys want girls to know" has like zero knowledge of girls so I'm correcting him on a few things (because as we all know, girls are always right, right boys?)
I've put the original blog at the bottom.
Here's my version:
1. If you're not such big perverts, then prove it to us by acting more mature. There's nothing more attractive, than a guy who actually acts his age. On the flip side of that, there's nothing more unattractive than a guy who acts all perverted and a lot younger than his age. You may think you're being funny, but you're not. You're just not. Please get that in your head.
2. Ummmm... if all our ex-boyfriends are losers and chances are we're not going to be with you forever, then you're bound to be a loser too. So don't go around calling our ex-boyfriends losers. It looks stupid and it makes us feel bad because you must think we have a bad taste in guys. We picked you didn't we? What does that tell you?
3. We hate it when you're too *macho* to be the one to give us the hugs or kisses
4. If we argue with you (seriously) when you call us beautiful, then we seriously have some self esteem issues. If that's the case, take us by the shoulders, look into our eyes and tell us seriously that you think we are beautiful. That can be one of the most meaningful things a guy can do for us.
5. You don't want us to treat you like crap? Then don't treat us like crap! We're not going to take it, and chances are, we'll just dish it right back out. So, if we're treating you like crap, it's probably because you're treating us like crap. I'm not saying it's right to treat anyone like crap, but there are usually reasons behind it.
6. Ok, it's nice that you think that we're pretty, but if it's one of the reasons you're going out with us it makes us think: "what if we weren't pretty?" Would you still be going out with us? Seriously, never tell a girl that one of the reasons you're going out with her is because she's "pretty." She'll take it the wrong way. By all means, tell her she's pretty/beautiful/gorgeous/stunning/etc. but not as one of the reasons you're dating her. Another thing, don't call her "sexy" because that just makes you look like every other guy out there who wants her because of her body. A real man thinks his girlfriend is beautiful, but doesn't love her because of it.
7. Seriously, we don't want to go into detail about our periods. That's just weird. On the same token, it's weird if you go into detail about your body and such.
8. If we're kind of moody and we seem to be having cramps, just assume that it's that time of the month and just go with it. It'll be over in a few days or so.
9. We do really like you. And we want you to look your best so that our friends (or frienimies for that matter) can't laugh at you. So when we tell you that the sideburns/mustache/beard/whatever has to go, we're telling you that because we love you and we want the best for you. We're not trying to be mean.
10. Ummmm... we don't want you to shave your legs. That would be weird.
11. If we ask to put makeup on you, it's because we feel comfortable enough around you that we can joke around with you. We're not serious.
12. If you don't want us making bets about you, then don't make bets about us either. Trust me, it WILL get back to us. And then, chances are, you're going to get dumped.
13. This goes with the whole telling-us-that-we're-beautiful thing. If we seriously think we're fat, tell us seriously that we're not fat. Make sure you look us right in the eye and say very seriously "You're not fat. I don't think how you could possibly ever think that. You're just right." Then give us a hug.
14. Seriously, who does care what *NSYNC, Backstreet Boys, or 98 Degrees look like?
15. We don't care if you miss when you pee, just as long as you clean it up afterwards. You know how gross it is to sit on your pee?
16. We will apologize if we're wrong. And we expect you to apologize too when you're wrong. We hate it when you're too *macho* to apologize. Please. A real man apologizes.
17. We do do special things for you! Sending you balloons on your birthday, writing you a special note and putting it in your locker, running up to you and giving you a big hug in the hallway at school, we do those to show you that we love you.
18. If you want us to help you with plans, then ask us. We're not mind readers so if you need help with something, you have to ask.
19. If we ask you to beat up a guy, then he must have done something pretty hurtful to us. Instead of actually beating up the guy, ask us what he did to us then go have a "serious talk" with the guy (that means you don't beat him up, but you threaten to if he ever hurts us again).
20. We're not going to kick you in the nuts. Just like you're not going to hit us in the boobs.
21. If we pretend to break up with you, chances are you did something to us to make us think about breaking up with you. So by pretending to break up with you and then laughing at you when you believe us, we're warning you. Basically, we're saying if you ever do that again, this isn't going to be a joke.
22. Please don't be so womanizing to like us because of our boobs. We hate that.
23. If size seriously only matters to idiots who don't want a relationship, then make sure that we know that you're not an idiot.
24. PMS may not be an excuse, but it can make us feel lousy. Please be considerate of that. We try hard, really we do, but sometimes we're just really moody.
25. It's not about comfort for us, we ask you to put the seat down because it just looks bad and tacky with it up. Please, just humor us, put the seat down.
26. By telling you how cute our ex-boyfriend was, we're letting you know how much better you are because we chose you over him. If our ex was cute, then you must be really cute. Get it? However, if we tell you how our ex-boyfriend did something for us that we thought was cute or that we liked how he focused on school work or something, we're trying to drop a hint. Basically, we don't want to say right to your face "you need to do something really sweet for us" or "you need to work on your school work a little harder." We're just giving you little suggestions.
27. Always remember: we're already self conscious about our weight, don't make a big deal of eating. Don't be all like "You sure you don't want a bite of my double bacon cheeseburger?" Honestly, it probably sounds really good to us, but we're never going to eat that in front of you. So don't tempt us.
28. We're NEVER going to ask you to kiss other guys. Why would we do that? If you kissed another guy, we'd start thinking "Is my boyfriend gay?" So don't worry about us asking you to kiss another guy.
29. We find it funny how everything in the relationship can be fine one day and then the next you're all mad at us so you break up with us. And then, you won't tell us what went wrong. We want to know so that we can change it for our next relationship. Respect enough to tell us what went wrong. Please.
30. Always remember: the way to a girl's heart is communication. Talk to us, text us, email us, message us! Ask us how our day was. Tell us something funny that happened. If you like us and you want to get to know us so that you can eventually date us, then GET TO KNOW US! You're never going to get anywhere if you act all distant and don't talk to us. We know that girls talk more than guys, but that doesn't mean that we don't want you to talk to us. We think that it's really sweet (that's a good thing) when a guy comes over and asks us how our day was and starts a conversation with us. That truly is the way to a girl's heart.
31. And last but not least: We know that we're not right all the time either, but when you let us think we are, it makes us feel smart.
original writer of "31 things girls want guys to know" ~ cookiedough28
Here's the original blog:
30 Things Guys Want Girls to Know
1. We're not as big of perverts as you think we all are.
2. No matter what you say, your ex-boyfriend IS an loser.
3. We like you to give us hugs and kisses too.
4. Don't argue with us when we call you beautiful.
5. Don't treat us like crap.
6. We know you're pretty, that's one of the reason's we're going out with you.
7. Don't go into detail about your period. It scares us.
8. If you have cramps and we ask you what's wrong, just say it's that time of the month and nothing more.
9. If you really liked us for us, you would let us to think that our mustache, beard, or sideburns looked cool.
10. We'll never shave our legs. So get over it.
11. NEVER ask us if you can put make up on us. It's just wrong.
12. Don't make bets about us, because one of your friends will tell us, if you don't.
13. When we tell you that you're not fat, believe us.
14. We absolutely do not care about, The Backstreet Boys, NSYNC, 98 degrees, or what any other guy looks like
15. We may not be able to pee accurately all of the time, but at least we can stand up and pee.
16. Just cause you think you're always right, doesn't mean you don't have to apologize when you're wrong.
17. You expect us to say and do sweet things about you, but it would be
nice if you did the same every once in a while.
18. We can't always be spontaneous, so try to help us make the plans sometimes.
19. Don't ask us to beat up another guy for you, cause you might get what you wish for.
20. Never kick us in the nuts "just to see what we'd say."
21. Never pretend like you are going to break up with us and laugh when
we believe you.
22. Pamela Anderson's boobs aren't fake anymore, but we like yours better anyway.
23. Size doesn't matter, except to idiots who don't want a relationship.
24. PMS is not an excuse.
25. If you want us to put the seat down when we're done, you should put
it up when you're done.
26. Don't tell us how cute your ex-boyfriend was. That doesn't turn us on.
27. Always remember: The way to a guys heart is through his stomach.
28. NEVER ask us to kiss other guys. You might be that comfy with your
friends, but to us its just wrong.
29. We always notice how funny it is after you rip out our heart, stick it down our throat, and still want to be friends.
30. And last but not least: We know you're not always right, but we'll pretend like you are anyway.