Login

MaddMatt:
[b]SmilinBob wrote:[/b] [quote]Seems ridiculus that a murderer can find Jesus in prison just befor he dies and go to heaven.[/quote] I am trying to understand why people have such a problem with someone that is close to death, but not dead, still being able to fall under the grace of God... I have a few question: How long after you repented, and accepted Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior, and asked Him to be Lord in your life, did He actually "save" you? I mean, after you repented, how long was it after you were saved, that you would have gone to Heaven if you died? Another thing... to say that a murder on death row does not deserve salvation, infers that "you" deserve it more than that murderer... NO ONE DESERVES salvation (period). Jesus demonstrated on the cross that a death bed confession is suffice... if the heart is right... Another thing that CAN BE infered from saying that a murderer should not be saved at the last second is that you are upset because he got to enjoy life, and do whatever he wanted to do, and we as Christians suffer.... I think the exact opposite is true. The poor guy had to live his entire life, not knowing God, not having any hope in any situation, he had to live a miserable life of sin, and squandered his days on earth away. We are the lucky ones! A murderer that gets saved in the last few moments of his life is not lucky! He missed out on a great life! To say that he does not deserve salvation CAN BE taken as to say, "We "good" Christians suffer through life having to abide by all the rules of Scripture, and this murderer didn't, so he shouldn't be saved." I am not sure that any of these are even close to what the arguments are that you are thinking of. If not, please enlighten me as to why the murder would not be saved, and why it is that when Jesus Christ offered salvation to the thief on the cross, why that was rediculous? -Matt

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)