Login

MaddMatt:
[b]Farside wrote:[/b] [quote]Matt, I am going to have to disagree- On the basis of personal experience. I have had a prophecy over my life. Two years later the prophecy came EXACTLY how it was told to me. How then could it just be an excouraging word? God still works in miraculous ways. If not- throw out the book of 1 corintians.[/quote] Well.... you may "think" you disagree, but then you backed up what I said, and didn't say anything to the contrary... I'm confused.... What I said was that prophetic words, now, are more "exhortations", rather than additions to Scripture. There are no more additions to Scripture... You see... the Old Testament prophets used their gift of prophecy, to convey God's messages to the masses, and ultimately the world. Then Jesus Christ came, ulimately (I skipped a lot of history here..) the Word, and now we have the Bible. We no longer have prophets that rule over us as an entire human race. We have Scripture, and we have a direct relationship with God... wich was impossible before the Atonement of the blood of Christ... Exhortations are words (sometimes prophetic) which are from God, revealed by the Holy Spirit, spoken (prophecied) to an individual, or over an individual and sometimes to a group of people, such as a church... But not to the entire world... Maybe it is the word exhortation that you are confused about... Exhortation = 1) A speech, discourse, or prophecy that encourages, incites, or earnestly advises. So... in summary. Prophecy is USUALLY used today in the form of exhortation... or it is a word from God for an individual, rather than to rule nations... Keep in mind that God reserves the right to use prophecy however He so chooses, regardless of what Matt Gaiser says... -Matt

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)