Login

allwaysmiling06:
[b]Farside wrote:[/b] [quote]I am a firm believer and participator in the gifts of the Spirit. The problem with baptists, lutherens, and presbyterians, is the fact they hate conviction. When the Holy Spirit brings about conviction, people get uneasy, uncomfterable, and angry. People don't like their sin shown. As Jesus said it, 'The darkness hates the light.'[/quote] I would dissagree with this statment. At my baptist High School We couldn't do any drama, music production (even if it was a fundraiser) Without doing a alter call. They made us wait in that uncomfortable silence until at least one person raised their hand or at least got up. It made me wonder what their priorities were when they would announce well 78 people got saved this week... or whatever. Its like they couldnt stand not having anyone get saved. I have many strong friends in the baptist denomination. I dont really know alot of people that are lutherens and presbyterians. but i must say one thing my friends did well was make me think that i was not a "good" christian. They were good at pointing out the fact that they were much more Holier than i was. I thought it was just sad. We shouldn't be discouraging eachother about the holier status. Who are we to say who is holier than others? That brought alot of conviction, doubt, and anger with my friends. To the point that some days i didn't even want to be their friends. In the end we still are friends but are farther apart then we were. And thats my thought about that part. :)

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)