Login

Lueff:
[b]Luke wrote:[/b] [quote]destiny, fate, whatever. the Bible says that God can give prophecy of the future. this means that he knows what's gonna happen. so, does this mean he controls people to make that happen? or if he made people with a certain personality so that they will definitely do this one thing, doesn't that kinda mess with free will? I know he gives us the free will to choose salvation, but how far does that free will go? Luke[/quote] Nowhere in the Bible is the term "free will" ever mentioned. Ever. However... [b]Ephesians 1:11[/b] [i]In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will,[/i] --- And to be quite honest, I'm with Bob on this one. I'm a complete fatalist by nature, and a Calvinist to boot, though I suppose the latter goes without saying. We do not "choose salvation". God chooses to save us. To understand this, you need to understand the concept of total depravity, and predestination and election.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)