Login

horsechic1990:
I agree with all of you who say that Harry Potter is ok to watch and read with discretion (did I spell that right? lol) and that it is about the fight between good and evil. I have read J.K. Rowling's (the author of Harry Potter) unnoficial biography and in the book it said that J.K. Rowling was Catholic (so there was no way she would promote Satanism or witchcraft) and that the stories were about the fight between good and evil like xLisax said. J.K. Rowling basically just wanted to show that good always triumphs over evil in the end, she didn't want to promote witchcraft or anything. I think she chose the wizard theme because it would appeal to most age groups, she didn't choose it to say "hey, witchcraft is real and we should follow it." I also agree with all of you who say that younger kids shouldn't read the books or watch the movies, 'cause then they will believe in it, and we don't want that! I think as long as you know that witchcraft is false and wrong, then I don't see any problem with reading/watching Harry Potter unless you start believing in/doing magic/witchcraft.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)