Login

MaddMatt:
You had to bring this up didn't you Luke.... Okay... I will entertain... but keep in mind this is strictly from the hip, and just for conversation... everyone should really seek God, and His Word to develop their own belief on this subject... as with any other subject... This is strictly for dialogue purposes. This is not a representation of what I believe, but again I have that option. This is a presentation of a belief that is common in some scholarly circles. We all know the Scripture that says in Genesis 6: [i] 1 When men began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, 2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. 3 Then the LORD said, "My Spirit will not contend with man forever, for he is mortal ; his days will be a hundred and twenty years." 4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of men and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown. [/i] Historically speaking, it is accurate to say that the Nephilim were giants. We know that Goliath was a Nephilim, and that they were a race of giants. Now, I think that the true question being asked is, “What is the correlation between the Nephilim, and the sons of God, and the daughters of Men?” So here is my presentation of one side of the dialogue. Again, I am not presenting this as necessary Truth, but it could be. The sons of God refer to Fallen angels. The daughters of men refer to human beings. The thought goes something like this. This will also be extremely brief, and summarized. Satan knew that Christ was coming to man, because man had fallen. In order for Christ to come, He had to come from a pure bloodline. Now, we know that the Holy Spirit conceived Christ in Mary, but Satan had to make sure that there was not a single women on earth for Christ to be carried by. Christ could not be born of a human that had any blood from a mixture of man, and fallen angels (this is Satan’s supposed thought, not anything in the Bible about this). So these fallen angels mixed with humans, and they “tainted” the bloodline of those women, and their offspring. Satan thought that he had everything under control. Then God said, the world is corrupt, there is only one righteous man. His name is Noah. So God killed all of mankind, except for Noah. Noah was of pure blood, and thus He was spared, and Christ could coe from Noah’s bloodline. Now, you ask, “if Goliath was a Nephilim, and he was “after” the flood, how do you explain that? Well…. I do not. The theology says this, however. One of Noah’s daughter-in-laws (I think Shem’s wife, but I am unsure) was of an impure bloodline. Goliath came from her, and thus there was still tainted blood. Eventually, the giants died out, and the impure bloodline was abolished on earth…. I do not hold all of this to be true, but it makes for an interesting read, and pondering. We should always be seeking the Truth, the one true Truth. If you do a google search for the Nephilim, and bloodline at the same time, I am sure you can read all about this belief. I merely presented it for you to research, and study God’s word, and decide for yourself. -Matt

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)