Login

MisterNathan:
The Gap Theory. Surprisingly, not a bunch of Christians know about this. I personally don't believe it, but I would like to hear other peoples' thoughts on it. In the original Hebrew manuscripts, there is a gap in the text between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2. "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. [gap] And the earth was without form, and void..." Many theologians have taken this and several other scriptures and said that there is room in that gap for a whole other world. God created the heaven and the earth, yet the earth was without form? What about the Spirit of God moving upon the face of the water...then water being created a few days later? Gap Theorists relate the earth being without form to the impact Satan had on it when he fell from the heavens. They also use scriptures from Isaiah 14: "12How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! 13For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: 14I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. 15Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit. 16They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms; 17That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?" Research it if you don't know it. If you do know it, post! I would love to hear your thought on it.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)