Login

MissionQuito:
I have come from a Baptist background and God called me and my family to a Pentecostal Church. I never thought that I would ever go into one say nothing about being a member and now a youth leader and future missionary. When God called us to this church I was cautious and did my research. I read books and commentaries. The only thing I found was 1 Cor. 13:12-13. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. 13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. So all the Spiritual Gifts that are left are Faith, Hope, and Love. Look back to I Cor. 12 and Hope and Love are not Spiritual Gifts listed by Paul. That would mean that Wisdom, Knowledge,Healing,Miracles, Prophesy,Discerning, Tongues, and Interpretation are all gone. How is it that we can read Gods word and understand the Gospel without wisdom. God is a generous giver of wisdom. Ask a doctor if he has heard of or seen someone healed miraculously. I am taking a college course on The Holy Spirit and it says that every "Christian" denomination has had a time in the last 100 years or so, that a leader of the denomination has had experienced the Baptism of the Holy Spirit. And those denominations have also had occasions of the outpouring of the Holy Spirit similiar to a pentacost experience. Even the Catholic faith once required Baptism in the Holy Spirit to become a priest. Remember this!! Isaiah 55:8 8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. If we understood God we wouldn't need Him Todd Smith

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)