Login

chargette:
[b]MissionQuito wrote:[/b] [quote] How does your faith differ from what your parents? How did you come up with your belief? What changed your mind? Why do you participate in the rituals at your particular church? [/quote] My father was Episcopalian, my mother was Catholic (now agnostic), and I'm a Southern Baptist. (How's that for differences!;) ) When I was a kid, I went to church each week with the friend I spent Saturday night with. (That was in the days when most families went to church) This was a great way to know the different denominations of Christianity. I grew up with a basic belief in God and Jesus and the Holy Spirit. Change for me came when I could no longer bear feeling caught in the middle of other peoples beliefs. I decided to put a stop to that by learning all I could about the Bible. I'm still learning but the best thing I have out of the whole deal is a personal relationship with God. He teaches me so much and now I'm much more comfortable with who I am. There's not much in the way of rituals at my church. We follow Bible principles, teach salvation is by grace through faith, baptize, and observe the lord's supper communion. Walking with God is the best journey one can have in life.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)