Login

Rachel721:
[b]MisterNathan wrote:[/b] [quote][quote]We need to start casting people who are unholy, but claim to be righteous out of the church again.[/quote] Also, this should only be done if the sin is causing someone to stumble. But, yeah, I see what you're saying. Three cheers![/quote] I'm glad you see my perspective in a lot of areas (a bunch of people probably would hate me for this), but did paul say that the man in the corinthian church was causing people to stumble? It's a matter of protecting yourself from being corrupted. And I know everyone has sin in their lives, and that is where you are right in saying that you should bring it to their attention and have witnesses. But if the person is not seeking the Lord for true repentance and they say that they are and everything, then that is not the fruit of the spirit (truth) ["by their fruits you will recognise them"] For example, you have someone in your church who lisens to a lot of worldly bands known to have many sinful things in their songs (for example: nine inch nails, tori amos, peaches, or anything of the world), if the person continues to listen to these things, then they are not seeking the Lord for true repentance. It is one thing to be in the world, but another thing to be of it and if someone listens to or entertains themselves with the things of this world, then they are a part of it, end of story. So, it is very hard to decide what things you should cast people out for, but one thing that I have a big concern about is MODESTY. Women in the church (especially) need to own up and start dressing like women and not like prostitutes looking for salvation (I know it is a bit harsh, but have you seen these outfits?!). I had to leave a few churches because of the way women dressed (yes I am married, but I used to be tempted by the bodies of women before I repented of it before the Lord). It's horrible that I can't go to a church, which is supposed to be a safehaven for me to be closer to God, but then have a woman up front dancing and jumping around in a flowy miniskirt and a tank top. We should bring that sort of thing to the attention of people as brothers and sisters in christ. Would you let your little sister walk out of the house wearing something provocative? I think NOT.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)