Login

cloudspit:
[b]MattBob_SquarePants wrote:[/b] [quote]So much to answer... >its cheaper then life That's a common misconception. It's actually more expensive to put someone to death. There are automatic appeals that kick in on death penalty cases, and more hearings, more court time, more prosecution time, etc.. means We The People end up paying more in the end. >3 meals a day (and they're pretty good, too) No, they're not good. Not at all. I did a month in jail for marijuana once. Let me tell you, the meals are not at all good. Jails and prisons are run as businesses (much like the trend in other areas of government these days). They are often, in fact, run by private corporations which contract with the government (rather than being run by the gov itself), which means their goal is to incarcerate as many people for as cheaply as they possibly can. >socialization, Yes, we all know what wonderful 'social intercourse' one finds in a prison... >I feel that if we kill even one person who is innocent that it is one person too many. I know people who have the opposite opinion, who feel that it is better to kill 100 innocent man than to let one guilty one live. In the end, folks, isn't this the most Christian stance we can take? Isn't the message of the Bible that one truly innocent man condemned undoes BILLIONS of guilty, who then go free? I have my opinions, but the most important point I want to make is that we're making far too many mistakes in our justice system. Until we get far more accurate, less convictions overturned, there's no way anyone can justify the death penalty to me (again, in our current system).[/quote] i dont really think that answered anything lol i am going to ask you where you found your statistics on how putting someone to death is more expensive then life in jail or just living in jail.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)