Login

MattBob-SquarePants:
>ID? Who want's such a pessimistic -- life's too complex; just give up trying to understand -- spin centered doctrine? I'm pretty sure that's not Intelligent Design's point, and I'm equally sure ID is not a doctrine at all. >How "unlikely" is the evolution into our present form? First, let's ask is it possible? I don't know it to be impossible, but as far as I know, we've never seen a random mutation that made the genetic code more complex, as would be necessary for evolution to occur. It seems to take code out, transpose it, etc.. If you can establish that random mutation can account for generating new genetic code, then evolutionary origin can be considered theoretically possible. >Often, the calculation of such probability itself is highly dubious. I say always. It's kinda pointless to try. Everybody has an opinion, and you can't "calculate" something like that without assuming a great deal, so how could it ever be possible to estimate accurately, regardless of whose estimates you believe?

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)