Login

Phil777:
BIBLE WISDOM SHOWS: DON’T READ CHRISTAIN BOOKS! Ecclesiastes 12:12 Of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh. A carnal reading of this verse would make you conclude that is saying worldly books are a weary to the flesh. However, the bible is a book about the people of God and about Christianity. This verse is not saying, “accounting textbooks are a weary to flesh”, its obviously talking about Christian books, OTHER than the bible. Isaiah 55 2Why do you spend money for what is not bread, And your wages for what does not satisfy? Listen carefully to Me, and eat what is good, And let your soul delight itself in abundance. In the bible, bread is the Word of God. How much money a year do you spend on Christian books? How much time do you spend reading these books instead of the Word of God? Why do you spend you money on what is not bread – why do you spend money on what is not the Word of God??? Matthew 16:13 -15 When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am? And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elijah; and others, Jeremiah, or one of the prophets. He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. Notice this? All different men were commenting what they THOUGHT about Jesus. If one had studied the writings of these men, one would be led astray as to who Jesus really is. Who was the only person in the passage to answer correctly? It was peter, why? Because Peter was taught by God, not by the opinions of these other men. John 6:45 It is written in the prophets, "And they shall all be taught by God.' Therefore everyone who has heard and learned from the Father (i.e. from the bible, not from mans opinion) comes to Me. John 10:27 My sheep hear My voice (i.e. the bible), and I know them, and they follow Me. Did Jesus read other Christian books? Did Paul? Would they have? Obviously the answer is NO! Yet we are told to follow there example. The last reason, not to read Christian books is this…. Revelation 22:18-19 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book See? The bible actually shows not to write Christian books, as men are not to add or take from the Word of God, even with their own opinions. So of course, it is wisdom not to read Christian books, considering that they are not even meant to be written!!! Also, look at the state of some of the Christian books today – the senior pastors wife at hillsong church has just put out a book called KINGDOM WOMEN LOVE SEX! Can you imagine Jesus and the 12 apostles promoting a book like that?! I think not! Romans 3:4 Let God be true, but every man a liar; valuecard2@hotmail.com NB: I’m not talking about true Christian stories here eg books about the life stories of missionaries etc are fine to read, as they are not teaching books about the bible, they are simply true stories and testify of the glory of God and miracles and things.

Post edited by: MaddMatt, at: 2007/02/12 00:24

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)