Login

Phil777:
PREACHING IN THE TRIBULATION DAYS! (I LOVE THIS TOPIC!) The following scripture talks about how the saints will be preaching to the multitudes in the tribulation days. Also, many of those who are preaching will get killed for preaching the Word. Daniel 11 32Those who do wickedly against the covenant he shall corrupt with flattery; but the people who know their God shall be strong, and carry out great exploits. 33And those of the people who understand shall instruct many; yet for many days they shall fall by sword and flame, by captivity and plundering. 34Now when they fall, they shall be aided with a little help; but many shall join with them by intrigue. 35And some of those of understanding shall fall, to refine them, purify them, and make them white, until the time of the end; because it is still for the appointed time. Daniel 7 21"I was watching; and the same horn was making war against the saints, and prevailing against them 25He shall speak pompous words against the Most High, Shall persecute the saints of the Most High, And shall intend to change times and law. Then the saints shall be given into his hand For a time and times and half a time. What exactly will the saints be preaching? (i.e. those who have understanding – v 33). Is it just the basic gospel? Or is the fullness of the gospel, including the following key end times prophecy! In the following scripture, we can see the following three aspects of the gospel are to be preached: - fear God - Babylon is fallen - Don’t take the mark of the beast or you’ll go to the lake of fire Revelation 14 The Proclamations of Three Angels 6 Then I saw another angel flying in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach to those who dwell on the earth--to every nation, tribe, tongue, and people-- 7saying with a loud voice, "Fear God and give glory to Him, for the hour of His judgment has come; and worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea and springs of water." 8And another angel followed, saying, "Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she has made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication." 9Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, "If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand, 10he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. 11And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name." 12Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus. Even though it’s the angels preaching the gospel (v6) here – other parts of the bible show that it’s really the saints who do the preaching in tribulation days. However, the above scripture shows what we will be preaching: 1. Fear God (v7) 2. Babylon is fallen (v8) – i.e. preaching against the false christian churches 3. Don’t take the mark of the beast (v9) – i.e. preaching to the world, telling them not to take the mark of the beast! So, although v6 shows the saints are to preach the GOSPEL, v 7-9 go on to show what ingredients need to be preached to the masses during tribulation days. God says to Ezekiel that it is his job to sound the trumpet, as a warning from God. Ezekiel 33 The Watchman and His Message 1 Again the word of the LORD came to me, saying, 2"Son of man, speak to the children of your people, and say to them: "When I bring the sword upon a land, and the people of the land take a man from their territory and make him their watchman, 3when he sees the sword coming upon the land, if he blows the trumpet and warns the people, 4then whoever hears the sound of the trumpet and does not take warning, if the sword comes and takes him away, his blood shall be on his own head. 5He heard the sound of the trumpet, but did not take warning; his blood shall be upon himself. Ezekiel’s job was not to blow a literal “trumpet”, but the following verses go on to show that his job was to warm the people of the impending judgement of God. That is, to “blow the trumpet” meant to preach the Word! 7"So you, son of man: I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; therefore you shall hear a word from My mouth and warn them for Me. Likewise, in tribulation days it is the job of those who are preaching the Word, to “sound the trumpet”, which, as Revelations 14 showed entails preaching not just the gospel of Christs death and resurrection (and the blessed hope that entails), but also entails preaching to fear God, Babylon is fallen, and don’t take the mark of the beast! However, in the church realms you get much stupidity and ignorance of these weighty matters. They teach that end times is “not important”, or “as long as your ready”. Most Christians are completely ignorant as to what Babylon is, and to what the mark of the beast is! Simple logic tells us that the Christians in churches aren’t “those who have understanding” from Daniel 11, and thus church goers are NOT the ones who are preaching the everlasting gospel in Daniel 11 and Revelations 14! How can church goers preach that which 1. they are not being taught and 2. that which they don’t understand??!! Amos 3 6If a trumpet is blown in a city, will not the people be afraid? If there is calamity in a city, will not the LORD have done it? 7Surely the Lord GOD does nothing, Unless He reveals His secret to His servants the prophets. This scripture in Amos shows that God wont bring the plagues spoken of in Revelations (including the mark of the beast) until he has revealed it to His servants, the prophets. Why does he reveal it to them though? So they can PREACH IT!!! God always gets His people to preach the Word of God and warn the people of the impending judgement of God (e.g. Ezekiel to the Israelites, Noah to the people of his generation, and Jonah to the people of Nineveh). And its not just the “prophets” who this warning of what to preach is revealed, the following scriptures show that it is the SAINTS who UNDERSTAND and KNOW what to preach! Psalm 25 14The secret of the LORD is with those who fear Him, And He will show them His covenant. Proverbs 3:32 His secret is with the righteous Colossians 1 26the mystery which has been hidden from ages and from generations, but now has been revealed to His saints. Although Amos 3:7 tells us that God reveals His secret to His servants, the Prophets, Psalms 25 and Colossians 1 show that the mystery is revealed to all those who fear God – to the saints! Therefore the ridiculous notion that churches often teach regarding end times i.e. that “we can’t know it” is a contradiction of scripture, because the bible shows that those who are preaching in end times WILL KNOW WHAT TO PREACH! That’s why in Daniel 11 they are referred to as “those who have UNDERSTANDING”. 1 Corinthians 14 8For if the trumpet makes an uncertain sound, who will prepare for battle? All this information goes to show that warning and preaching about the end times is classed as SOUNDING THE TRUMPET!!! Therefore, when pastors teach the END TIMES wrong – their trumpet is making an UNCERTAIN SOUND – and no one in their churches are preparing for battle! To blow a trumpet that makes an uncertain sound means to preach contradictions about the end times! One good example is that – those pastors who preach that the rapture is before the tribulation – they teach that their congregation will be in heaven, and so they won’t be here for tribulation. Therefore no one in their churches is preparing for the tribulation days because they think they won’t be here! This is just one example of what it means when it says “if the trumpet makes an uncertain sound, who will prepare for battle?” So you can see that its VERY important to sound the right trumpet – that is – to preach the correct end times doctrine! Isaiah 58:1 Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and show my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins. This scripture also shows clearly that part of sounding the trumpet is TO TELL GOD’S REBELLIOUS PEOPLE OF THEIRS SINS SO THAT THEY MIGHT REPENT!! ps would love to know what on earth pre tribbers think all the scripturs about preaching in the tribulation days are about. cheers phil

Post edited by: MaddMatt, at: 2007/03/10 09:17

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)