Login

MattBob-SquarePants:
[b]Silent_K wrote:[/b] [quote] Maybe I should generalize my question a little. :) How much authority (if any) do you believe these books have for the Christian/Messianic Jew/follower of Christ?[/quote] Peter is unique. He understood Messiah\'s true identity, something we are still struggling with today. Immediately after correctly identifying Him, \"You are the Meshiach, the Son of the Living G-d.\" Jesus lavished praises on Peter, changed his name from Shim\'on to Kefa (Which means \"rock), and said \"Upon this rock I will build my church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.\" So if any other NT author carries the weight of Messiah, it would be Peter. If not, he\'s the next closest thing. Acts is historical in nature. I put it in the category of Writings, like Chronicles, and Kings. It\'s invaluable to determine the names, the characteristics, the activities and the relationships of the people involved in the earliest Messianic community. I have actually used Acts to make the argument that Paul did not agree with the rest of the NT, though, just so you say, no, it\'s not the same category to me, as Paul\'s epistles. So the abovementioned books - Inspired, yes. Dictated by G-d? No. Jude is also unique, and I think that G-d had a hand in keeping Jude in there when any sense of logic would have made them remove. It\'s nothing but a really long string of references, and even direct quotes to the Book of Enoch, which I do also consider to be inspired, though it is not in the Bible. Anything I\'m missing?

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)