Login

larry229:
Well, I was lying in bed this morning quite determined to put off getting up for as long as I could, when out of the blue Isaiah 9:6 opped into my head. Ok, that was unexpected. I wasn't even thinking about that, I was trying to remember the lyrics of a totally unrelated song. But hey, whatever, I guess it's relevant here right now. Anyway, the 'discussion' on whether or not Jesus was God came up recently, and I just spent three hours at the library poring ove massive old Bibles trying to find relevant material. There was a whole bunch of stuff from Paul, but I'm ignoring that for now, as I'm aware not everyone here accepts him. This is what I found: Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given. The government shall be on his shoulders, and his name shall be called Wonderful, Councellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. John 10:30 I and my Father are one. John 14: 9-11 Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves. And on pre-existance: John 17:5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began. Micah 5.2 But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah, out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times. And of course, the famous John 1 passage: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. Replies?

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)