Login

MattBob-SquarePants:
.. my brethren who believe themselves above following our Father's rules? Once, a pair of twins came of age, one of whom had listened to his elders, and gained wisdom, and the other who still holds bitterness towards the correction of his father. "These instructions and rules were for another time" the second says, "and being now an adult, I am no longer subject to his rules." Yes, it's true, a father can not enforce his rules on his children once they are out of his house. But if he is a GOOD father, like our heavenly Father, the son who has gained wisdom will realize that the rules were for his own good, and will not stray far from them. He knows he doesn't HAVE to go to bed at a certain time anymore, but if he expects to hold a job, he must still go to bed at a reasonable hour on SOME kind of schedule. He doesn't HAVE to eat all his vegetables anymore, but his general health will be affected by his diet. He doesn't HAVE to show respect to people, but it will be better for him if he does. Yes, I say that every one who turns his back on his Father's commands, saying that they are not for HIM/HER, and not for OUR time, is like the rebellious son, who does not appreciate the love shown to the children THROUGH those rules, who somehow sincerely believes that his father made up a bunch of rules that were NOT in his best interest... as if his father simply liked to torment him.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)