Login

TheMessenger:
i believe that in some thread somewhere i brought of the catholic prayer the "Hail Mary" and i mentioned that it was from a verse in the Bible. Someone (again, this was several weeks ago, i dont remember) said i was wrong and that it is most certainly not in the Bible. Finally found that verse again- so heres my proof: Luke 1:42-45 (New Living Translation) "You are blessed by God above all other women , and your child is blessed. What an honor this is, that the mother of my Lord should visit me! When you came in and greeted me, my baby jumped for joy the minute I heard your voice! You are blessed, because you believed that the Lord would do what he said." The Prayer: Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art though among women, and blessed is the fruit of the womb. Jesus, Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. The Prayer Dissected: "Hail Mary,"- Keep in mind that the word hail does not mean 'to bow down to' or 'worship' but rather, to acclaim enthusiastically as being a specified thing, meaning that the one who says the prayer is acclaiming enthusiastically, and Mary is obviously the specified thing. "Full of grace," She is obviously full of grace from God, because she is giving birth to the Son of Man. "the Lord is with thee," Well, OBVIOUSLY the Lord was with her. That isn't rocket science. "Blessed art though among women," Luke 1:42- 'You are blessed by God above all other women,' "And blessed is the fruit of thy womb," Luke 1:42- 'and your child is blessed'- her child obviously was Jesus, and he was blessed, of course. "Jesus, Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen." Mary is of course holy, and Jesus and God are One, so God is Jesus and Jesus is God, and she gave birth to Jesus, so she is, in a sense, the Mother of God in the Flesh, but she is not the one who gave birth to God who is not flesh. So, while the prayer isn't the exact verse in the Bible, like the Our Father, it is, as you can see, derived from that Bible verse. So in your face :)

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)