Login

cookiedough28:
Ok, I know this is sort of old news, but what did you all think about the Atheist sign displayed along side of the Holiday Tree, Nativity scene, and Menorah in the Washington State Capital Building? Personally, I think it's fine if people want to display something that represents their interpretation of this holiday season. I mean, if Christians and Jews can have their religious symbols displayed, others should be able to as well. However, I think the FFRF went a little far in that their sign was more like a frontal attack on any religion rather than an equal rights display. A more appropriate sign might have said, "While this holiday season is considered a 'religious' holiday to some, it is not exclusively a religious time of year. It has been secularized and doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the birth of Jesus or any other religion." By saying that "religion is just a myth and superstition that hardens the heart and enslaves the mind", it insults [i]anyone[/i] who has [i]any[/i] religion whatsoever. But that's just my opinion. What do you all think?

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)