Login

larry229:
[b]cookiedough28 wrote:[/b] [quote] Animals will also benefit from the switch to breast milk. Like all mammals, cows only produce milk during and after pregnancy, so to be able to constantly milk them, cows are forcefully impregnated every nine months. After several years of living in filthy conditions and being forced to produce 10 times more milk than they would naturally, their exhausted bodies are turned into hamburgers or ground up for soup. [/quote] I practically grew up on a dairy farm and I can assure you that is not true. The cows were kept in huge green paddocks with plenty of food water and shelter, milked twice a day during milking season in a large clean cow shed, given plenty of rest, including a long winter pasture break, and were all individually and well looked after. Mind you, that was in New Zealand and it was a small family farm with only about two hundred cows. I\'ve visited a lot of farms though, and they were all the same. South Canterbury, where I grew up, is dairy country so you tend to learn a lot about it. Unless it\'s different in America? *pun intended, this time. Or at least noticed, which isn\'t the same thing.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)