Login

TheMessenger:
First of all- don't kill me. This isn't intended to be another stupid debate over free will that goes around in circles forever ;) Anyway, how could we NOT have free will, because if we didn't, and we were REQUIRED to follow God, then how come there is a hell? God desires everyone to love him and to be in heaven with Him. So if we didn't have free will, there would be no hell, because everyone would have to follow Him, right? And also if there isn't free will, why do people go to Hell? Why are there other religions that people [i]choose[/i] to follow? It seems obvious to me that we do have it. We follow God or suffer the consequences. We choose which way we go, do we not? And if we don't, then how come there are atheists? And how come Dante can choose not to follow God? Is that not exercising free will? To say we DON'T have free will seems ridiculous to me. Just 1 response will suffice. I don't want to start another huge debate over this, and I find my questions to be valid. PS: My definition of free will is the ability to choose whether or not to believe in and/or follow God.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)