Login

TheMessenger:
Well I\'m glad to see we are at least having a half-way civilized discussion on free will :) I\'m not going to do any quotes and all that, but I realize that when I said \"We can control the options\" and \"God doesn\'t know exactly what will happen\" that they were pretty controversial statements. I expected that- haha. I didn\'t say I believed everything I was saying though (yea, that totally made sense) it was just my random thoughts and food for thought. I\'m still not understanding one thing though, and I\'m going to spell out my misunderstanding as crystal-clear as possible: [i]Why[/i] do we need to pray for things to happen/not happen, etc, if everything is already set in stone, cut and dry, happening no matter what? It seems to defeat the purpose to pray about certain things like that if everything is already set to happen no matter what (although I do so anyway). I\'m not saying you don\'t need to pray at all, like you should pray for help and comfort and all that, but praying about things that happen makes [i]no sense[/i] at all if we have no choice anyway. So, I\'m asking for a somewhat simple explanation (if possible) with some scripture references. Trying to make things simple here ;)

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)