Login

MisterNathan:
[b]TheMessenger wrote:[/b] [quote][b]MisterNathan wrote:[/b] [quote]In the same way, only one future is going to happen if one is foreordained to pray. However, one might not be foreordained to pray at all.[/quote] Why would God not want certain people to pray? The bible says he desires us all to pray to Him and love Him, does it not?[/quote] Well, we know from Proverbs 15:8 (MKJV) that "The sacrifice of the wicked is a hateful thing to Jehovah, but the prayer of the upright is His delight." There's one reason He wouldn't want someone to pray. It ultimately comes down to the fact that we can not know the entire will of God. We know what He tells us in the Bible, we know the beginning, we know the end, and we know how [i]we[/i] are expected to live out lives, but the rest...the details... Isaiah 55:9 MKJV For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts. The broad scope of His plan involving little things like whether we pray or we don't pray...that would come under "His ways and thoughts". [b]Dante wrote:[/b] [quote]If you'd read the bible, maybe you know, from Genesis onward, you'd soon realized that your god doesn't really give a crap about humans.[/quote] Just because He glorifies Himself above all things (and rightly so, since He [i]is[/i] the greatest Thing in existence), doesn't preclude Him from caring about anything else. "For God so loved the world..." - Jesus

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)