Login

cookiedough28:
I\'m really, honestly torn on this topic. One the one hand, I really don\'t like guns. They\'ve killed so many people and caused countless families immense pain. They\'re cowardly weapons that allow people to think they have more power than they actually do. Random shootings. Murders. Armed robberies... I can\'t even express how much I dislike guns. So in that way, I\'m all for gun control. But on the other hand, if strict gun control was enforced, people would still be able to get guns illegally. And those probably would be the people who would want the guns to harm people. So the \"good\" people wouldn\'t have guns, while the \"bad\" people would (good and bad used in the loosest senses of the words). So in that way, I\'m not for gun control. But if that was an acceptable school of thought (making/keeping something legal because people will just do it anyway), then we should make drugs legal. Because even though drugs are illegal, people still get them and use them. So that school of thought shouldn\'t be used to support no gun control. On the other hand, we do have the right to bear arms. So, as you can see, I\'m really torn. I don\'t think I\'ll ever choose to own/use a gun... But you never know. I think ultimately I believe that there should be more strict regulations to determine who can purchase and/or own a gun. But then again, we get back to the argument that if someone really wants something, even if legally they can\'t have it, they\'ll find a way to get it. So I\'m still torn.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)