Login

TheMessenger:
Yes, I would like to have more details. It's interesting to learn. However, there is one thing I never understand. The Bible was written by many different people, and as far as I know they lived in different time periods (with the exception of the Apostles). How is it that the Bible always ties in with itself? The Bible for a time was growing, and it seems to me it always meshes. Were people who wrote about these events liars? Were they intentionally trying to twist the truth and trying to make these events significant to glorify their God? I think not- the reason being that generally Christians (early ones included) were very honest. They believed what Moses said, "Thou shall not lie". Again, they honestly believed Moses. Of course, Jesus also condemned lying. It's a terrible thing to do, one that while it can be forgiven, will destine you for destruction. They knew that. They believed very much in what they were hearing about God. It was His commandment that they do not lie, and they feared Him, as all Christians should. [i]Why[/i], then, do you suppose that all the people who wrote the Bible, essentially, [i]lied[/i] about many facts and distorted what actually happened? I don't know much about the history of the Bible, as far as when exactly all the parts were written, where, by who, etc., and I'm sure in many cases no one knows for sure. But I think I've asked legitimate questions.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)