Login

Marbella:
I'll be trying to move out of my mother's house soon when I get financially stable. My mom's rules have started to become unbearable and unnecessary. I have a 6 pm curfew because my mom thinks I would be out partying (I never party, I never found use for parties) She doesn't like my fiance for unknown reasons that she won't tell me. And every time I mention moving out, she says she's fine with it, but it's followed by "Just abandon me like all the others did." She's actually my great-grandmother, she adopted me. The reason why I think the rules are unnecessary is 1) I'm a adult (20 years old) and can make my own decisions. 2)I've never broken her rules ever. 3)My decisions have always been responsible ones. 4)Out of all her children, I've been the most behaved (according to her) I've tried talking to her about these rules and tried to comprise, but she becomes angry with me and says I'm lucky and have it made. I've tried sucking it up and smiling, which just leads to more stress. I've tried tuning her out(when I was a teen) which was an even worse idea. I can't seem to please her because she becomes upset. For example, she told me to get a job, which I've been trying to do. However, when I mention one, she complains about it. I can't say that I'm an adult and can make my own decisions because I'll be kicked out. I can think of a few reason why she's like this 1) stress from her husband dying 2 years ago (which I've been supportive) 2) her other children 3)how she was raised And yes, before you say, I know that she knows what's best for me, but I'm not staying out all night/drinking/smoking/doing drugs so I just think these rules are unnecessary. So I ask how to deal with this problem until I move out?

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)