Login

MaddMatt:
What is our Biblical and Godly responsibility in how we should react and respond to such an un-Godly man? He is such a poor steward over this country, the people, and the finances that it has got to top some of the most unrighteous rulers of the past. What is amazing is that some fools defend him! Some Christians are so blind that they support him... I know that many will say, "We should pray for our leaders regardless of their ways..." I agree, but how do we pray. Certainly we do not pray blessings upon his works and actions. Do we pray that God give him wisdom? Surely not, for wisdom can be abused and used to further his detrimental actions to this United States of America? Do we pray for his demise? That wouldn't be right either... I know that matter of factly he is the president of the United States. However, I have no respect for him, and in fact do not even call him "President Obama." I merely refer to him by his first and last name. This is not a partisan issue. Rather a moral one. Thus the question... What is the appropriate response, as a Christian, to such an unGodly ruler over our Country? Since World War II, the largest budget deficit recorded was 6.0 percent of GDP in 1983. The Bush Administration oversaw budget deficits averaging 2.0 percent of GDP. The projected 2009 budget deficit of 11.2 percent of GDP would nearly double the post-war record. The 2009 budget deficit will be larger than all budget deficits from 2002 through 2007 combined. More than 43 cents of every dollar Washington spends in 2009 will have been borrowed. While President Obama claims to have inherited the 2009 budget deficit, it is important to note that the estimated 2009 budget deficit has increased by $400 billion since his inauguration, and the whole point of the "stimulus" was to increase deficit spending to nearly $2 trillion based on the unproven notion that would it alleviate the recession. The 22 percent spending increase projected for 2009 represents the largest government expansion since the 1952 height of the Korean War (adjusted for inflation). Federal spending is up 57 percent since 2001. In 2009, Washington will spend $30,958 per household–the highest level in American history–and under President Obama's budget, the figure will rise above $33,000 by 2019. The White House brags that it will cut the deficit in half by 2013. The President does not mention that the deficit has nearly quadrupled this year. Merely cutting it in half from that bloated level would still leave budget deficits twice as high as under President Bush. The public national debt–$5.8 trillion as of 2008–is projected to double by 2012 and nearly triple by 2019. Thus, America would accumulate more government debt under President Obama than under every President in American history from George Washington to George W. Bush combined. (Courtesy of The Heritage Foundation) -MaddMatt

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)