Login

Mal316:
If you could ask God one thing, what would you ask Him? Would you be like Job and demand an answer to all the pain and suffering in the world? Would you be like Moses and ask to behold His presence? Would you ask to be given a wise heart, like Solomon? Would you ask for a child as Sarah, Rebekah, Rachel and Hannah did? Would you ask for love? Patience? Peace? Kindness? An end to war, famine, disease and poverty? That everybody on the planet be saved? That His will be done? One thing I ask. What thing? Let's turn to that most lyrical and poetic of Israel's Kings, David ben Jesse. And what did he ask? [color=#0000FF]One thing I ask of the LORD,this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek Him in His temple.[/color] [b]Psalm 27:4[/b] (NIV) What one thing? To dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of his life. Why? To gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek Him in His temple. Dwell in the house of the Lord. Psalm 23:6. What does it mean to dwell in God's house? Dwell-to live in. What do you think of as your dwelling place? For me, it's home. It's my house where I live with Sharon. I reside there. It's where I have my meals. Where I entertain family and friends. Where I sleep. It's comfortable and familiar to me. The wife and I put a lot of work into our house to make it as we want it to be. And there's still plenty to do. One thing I ask-to dwell in the house of the Lord. When we say God's House, we naturally think of a place where believers gather to worship Him-temple, church, meeting house, etc. When Jesus chased out the moneychangers from the Temple, he shouted a verse from Isaiah at them: "My house shall be called a house of prayer for all peoples." The obvious reference being that God's house was the Temple. To be continued...

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)