Login

Mal316:
But on a practical level, can we really spend all our days in His house? What about family and friends and school and work and movies and concerts and all the myriad things that take up our days? Even rabbis and priests, whose calling is to be in God's house, don't spend all day of every day in God's house. What are we asking for then? To be able [i]to gaze on the beauty of the Lord and to seek Him in his temple[/i]. Most often, this is done in church or shul. But, why not carry that out into the world? See the beauty of God in nature, in little acts of kindness, in intimate friends who are oblivious to everyone else around them, in the love family members show one another. Seek His face through your study of Scripture. Seek His face by asking questions. Seek His face by struggling with your doubts and fears. We are not meant to know everything. We are meant to serve Him, in whatever way He calls us. And we may not be ready for that calling or know what it is. But that's why we seek His face. [i]One thing I ask-that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life[/i]. Does it have to be literal? If we go once a year, once a month, once a week, 3 times a week, 5 times a week, every day, what are we doing there? Are we gazing upon His beauty and seeking His face? If not, it matters not how often we go. May you be granted to gaze upon His beauty and seek His face all the days you dwell in His house.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)