Login

javie:
Its me again. I've made my top 20 favorite games, and I see that so many of you guys loved it. However, most of you already know that I love otaku a lot. So I am going to post my top 20 favorite otaku that I have grown up watching and reading. The reason for putting this list on the misc. is because I won't just be picking TV series, but also mangas as well. So sit back, as I unveil my top 20 starting with: 20. [IMG]http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii256/unexsistant/metroid_ch01_cover.jpg[/IMG] Now I gotta admit. I actually didn't know that there was a manga series of Metroid, till I found out on Screw Attack's review of the Metroid game series. This manga actually explains the origin of not just Samus Aran, but also the origin of planet Zebus and the Chozos who lived there too. You get to see how Samus gets her powers from the Chozos and how she becomes into the bounty hunter that we all know that she is in the games. There are some other characters that are part of this short series of two volumes, and are Samus' team. But to my perspective, they don't really stand out too much. The chozos are at least interesting to learn from, and they do have a point in this series. The one part that I found odd, but cool, is that Ridley and Mother Brain both talk. Ridley is just one of my favorite villains. He curses and even kills Samus' parents, right in front of her face as a child. [IMG]http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii256/unexsistant/metroid_v02_ch010metroid_v01_ch010_050.jpg[/IMG] That is why Ridley should never be messed with. I haven't really read it all the way through (not yet, at least), and it is very hard to find the series in local book stores. The only possible way to find this series is by looking it up in manga sites. I tried looking for them on Amazon and Ebay, and to be honest, I can't find them anywhere. If you are a huge fan of Metroid, like me, but never got into otaku, or just don't like reading mangas, I would give this one a try. But if you are really into knowing the history of Samus Aran, and the series, this is the way to go. Yes, I do know that Metroid the other M is going to give out its own history of Samus, and planet Zebus, but I will always stick with the story that I read in the mangas.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)