Login

javie:
18. [IMG]http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa18/Evamonky/6c47.jpg[/IMG] I have to admit. This is the one series that helped me get my interest for anime back. There was a period of time where I wasn't interested with action cartoon shows, and I was more into comedic shows at the time. There was Pokemon, but everything else I didn't watch. I started watching this show on the first half of the series on the dark tournament. I have to admit, Toguro is one of my favorite anime villains, on the side of Ridley. Seeing this guy fight just made the Hulk, Magneto, the Terminator, Godzilla, Darth Vader, all of the Justice League's villains, Lavos from Chrono Trigger, Sepheroth, Goliath, all of the angels from Neon Genesis: Evangelion, all of these people that I mentioned are all BUTCH compared to this guy. There is just no way of stopping this guy in a fair fight. He's like the Chuck Norris of bad guys. That was all true, till Yusuke killed him in the dark tournament. But beside from all of that, the action in this show is great. You will never get tired of watching them. The story of this show is well written. Yusuke dies in a car accident, but is offered an opportunity by Botan, from the Spirit World, which is controlled by Junior, who for some reason likes to take the form of a baby. But on the side of that, we also get to have Keiko, who for some reason makes me think of Marcy, from the Peanuts Gang. I don't know why. Its the first thing that comes to mind when I see her. Anyway, we do get to see that he will have companions on his side too, as they go along with the story. He has Kuwabara, who is like if all of the Three Stooges became into one man. Heie is a rebel, who is the usual serious guy that every show, movie and book has. This guy, in the other hand, doesn't show too much emotions. He, I would say, is sort of like Vegeta. Always wanting to do things on his own, in his own way, and not caring what anyone says about him. Just without all of the over acting. Kurama is just doll. Very Boring, and has too much dialog in this character. Not that Heie doesn't talk that much, but Heie is just more interesting to watch. Koenma is one tough old hag. I never really understood how she could go from a young women and then back to present old age. But I think every can like this woman, no matter what. The only problem though is that when the series progressed, it didn't get any better, and it started to fall flat on the end, due to poor popularity ratings. But the first half of the show is much better. I did read the mangas, but only the first volume. The only problem that I had when I read this was because they added fillers that aren't on the show. Why?! I usually read the mangas to avoid the fillers on my favorite shows. But other than that, I really liked this one. Even though its been years since I last watched this classic.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)