Login

javie:
15. [IMG]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m156/HIM_Saintuary/NeonGenesisEvangelion.jpg[/IMG] Yeah, I had to post this on my list. Whether if you like it or not, Neon Genesis Evangelion is still one of my favorites. This show first aired in 1998 in Japan, and brought up a huge boost within anime. The reason for it was because there really wasn't anything like it at the time and brought the gore factor to a whole new level. Seriously, this show was just too intense to look at, even for a mech genre. This show is just so popular, that when I was in Japan in 2008, this series was still up and strong over there. There were even slot machine, looking games that advertised the series. As a matter in fact, When I was in Okinawa, I went in the Toys R Us over there and bought the 10th anniversary editions of the unit 01 and 00. Those have been with me everywhere since. I wanted the unit 02 too, but I couldn't find them anywhere, and I was low on money anyway. Yes, Shinji was pretty annoying, and Asuka was a pain, but all it is is just nitpicking. Shinji is unlikable, but Asuka, to me, after watching its a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World, she is more like that annoying old woman who complains and argues throughout the whole movie. If any of you know who I'm talking about, then I have no need of further explanation. Rei was just boring, without any soul whatsoever. But the one who does steal the show is Gendo, Shinji's father. He is just cool, and always have every single situation under control. He doesn't break a sweat at any situation, never has second thoughts, and never doubts a single thing about anything. His personality is more like if someone talks back to him, he would comely just say back "No. You're wrong. I'm right. Live with it!" The other adult characters are also very interesting to watch, and they do a better job than the characters. So many people would complain, saying that it just drags, and its slow. The show is made to be slow, and it really takes its time to the climax of the show. The action, on the other hand, is amazing! I have never seen action that was edited so precise, and so graphic. I never seen a show where a mech and a angel could create so much blood in a battle before in my entire life. However, the story is not good at all, which is the reason why I put this on the number 15 spot. It tried to bring in some biblical things in this show, like the title, angels, a crucified angel. And then the movie tried to make things better, but it pushed it a little too far, trying to make it like Revelation, and it just didn't work. There are even people today who actually believe that it made sense, but it didn't. The story was just way too hard to follow, and way too big to swallow! The last two episodes where the ones that I hated the most. But I still liked it. For those of you who never watched it, give it a try to see if you would like it.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)