Login

javie:
14. [IMG]http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg158/Soul-Keeper13/SCAN0006.jpg[/IMG] So far, I'm in the middle of the 8th volume. So right now I can't even try to spoil anything for you guys, if you haven't seen or read it yet. And its also the main reason why I put this one on the 14th spot. I just love how the writers try to make a fictional story, and put it in the late 19th century, while mixing some Japanese history to it. The way how they made this era is just amazing. Nothing about feels made up, and it feels like you are reading something that literally happened. For those of you who never read it before, it starts in the year 1854, where a revolution that was fought by Hitokiri Battosai, who ended the Bakumatsu era, and started the Meiji era. After that, he vanished from history for about 11 years later, and is now known as the Rurouni, which is Japanese for Wandering Samurai, and his real name, Kenshin. So in the 11th year, swords were becoming outlawed throughout all of Japan under the new government for the past 11 years, and so many samurais start to fight the Meiji government to take back what they originally had. But Kenshin doesn't fight back, due to the horrible and violent history that he made to claim the title "Hitokiri Battosai". He then encounters bad guys, who either want him to destroy the current government, or just want him dead for their past reasons. I really love how all of the action in this manga is not too over hyped, and nothing about it looks fake. The characters are entertainingly funny. But the best part is that they don't' overact anything when it comes to comic relief. When it comes to a serious moment, they do a pretty good job at it, without making it boring or cheesy. They all have a point in being in the story and all serve a purpose. I have seen the anime series, but to be truthful, it sucked. The story doesn't match up very well. The fillers are just painful to watch. The intro music is very bad. And the use of extra characters for the two kids were pointless. If I were you, I would stick with reading the mangas.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)