Login

javie:
12. [IMG]http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss324/obeshichii/akira.jpg[/IMG] 1988 . 7 . 16 . Tokyo 31 years after World War III AD 2019 Neo Tokyo I couldn't resist. I just love this movie so much that when I first watched this movie, I actually understood why so many people just love this movie. Even my parents loved watching it when it first came out in theaters. In 1988, a kid name Akira gain psychic powers that three other kids posses, who look very creepy. He blew up most of Tokyo, somehow creating World War III. After that, Anti-government movements started to rise, street violence started to become the everyday lifestyle in Japan, and all of society started to fall apart. Kaneda, and his best friend Tensho, are the roles of the main characters, and are part of a motorcycle gang. Tensho then gains the psychic powers from one of the kids by accident, then turning him into the villian, which I had a hard time thinking if Akira was controlling him or not. The way how this movie was made was brilliant! The way how they made every single scene in this movie makes it feel that this will soon happen in the near future within the world at the time this was made. Nothing in this movie feels dull or fake. It really brings in the development of how aggressive and how gross out people will become within their actions against one another, and how corrupt politics and governments will become. It shows us that there is no reason to believe that the world will ever get any better and tells us how it is. The action scenes are the best parts of this movie. From the beginning to the end, it will keep you on your seat. Even the fighting between Psychic abilities and weapons makes it look cool. I'm not really anything else, or spoil anything to you, but go try to watch this movie. It is always considered to be one of the best anime movies ever made, thus making it on my list.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)