Login

MisterNathan:
[b]defiant_revolutionary wrote:[/b] [quote]Note \"H3068\" is YHVH *not* lord though that is likely how you will read it...[/quote] I know in the KJV, they generally put \"Jehovah\" as \"LORD\" in all caps to differentiate between the Name of God and other uses of the word \"lord\" (such as Adonai). [quote]I prefer the wording in Matt\'s Complete Hebrew Bible, but KJV seems to be accepted around here so lets use it[/quote] Feel free to use the CHB. I know there are several users here who prefer it. :) If I really wanna dig, I\'m gonna be pulling out E-Sword anyways. :P [quote]my master my lord very similar in any case, but from this verse it becomes apparent YHVH has appointed a day at which you will no longer refer to him as \"my master\" or \"my lord\". Interesting to note I hadn\'t previously seen, Baali apparently is a symbolical name of Jehovah well why would that be?? perhaps because at one time all but Eliyahu had turned to Baal instead of YHVH....[/quote] I gotta say, bro...I\'m a little confused as to what you mean here. Are you trying to say it\'s wrong or some form of idolatrous substitution to use the \"ba\'al\" form of \"lord\" instead of the \"adonai\" form of \"lord\" in reference to the One True God? I honestly have no idea what you\'re saying, I\'m just spitballing lol. [quote]YHVH which was replaced with Lord 7000+ times[/quote] But only to have something other than those letters put there, not because it actually, literally means \"Lord\". The only times \"Jehovah\" is actually written out (again, in all caps) in the KJV Bible is either when God is speaking of His actual Name or it is coupled with \"yah\", where it is translated as \"LORD JEHOVAH\" (I\'m assuming because it would look silly to translate it as \"LORD LORD\" :P ). [quote]not gonna try to convince you, I was hoping to find someone who would read this and have the same appalling astonishment as I did.... but it doesn\'t look like it\'s gonna happen here....[/quote] I don\'t think it\'s for a lack of want to be appalled or astonished...I think it\'s more...we aren\'t, or at least I\'m not, sure of what exactly you aren\'t going to try to convince us. On a side note, it\'s really awesome to see you posting, Chris. I\'m glad you\'re taking part here, bro. :)

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)