Login

javie:
[b]Jekkie wrote:[/b] [quote]Top 10: 1. 2001: A Space Odyssey 2. Once Upon a Time in America 3. Fanny and Alexander 4. Pan\'s Labyrinth 5. Psycho 6. Mullholland Drive 7. The Third Man 8. Aguirre, the Wrath of God 9. The Fountain 10. Let the Right One In Favorite Directors: Stanley Kubrick Ingmar Bergman Sergio Leone David Lynch Orson Welles Darren Aronofsky F.W. Murnau Woody Allen Edgar Wright Carl Theodor Dreyer Michael Powell Favorite Actor: Orson Welles Favorite Actress: Ingrid Bergman Favorite Screenwriters: Paul Schrader Francois Truffaut Charlie Kaufman Guy Maddin Discuss.[/quote] (cracks knuckles and neck) Let\'s see here. I thought Pan\'s Labyrinth was okay. 2001 was also okay to me, but I did like the special effects and Hal 9000. The Fountain, to my opinion, was boring. The rest I have never seen. Psycho truly deserves its place in the list. Best. Plot. Twist. Ever! I don\'t like most of the movies that Stanley Kubrick makes. A Clockwork Orange is a reasonable example of why, after figuring out that there is a big raping scene in there. But I did like the Shinning, and I really want to see Flying Over the Coco\'s Nest. Orson Wells truly deserves to be on this list. After making Citizen Kane, he has been recognizable as one of the greatest, if not, the greatest director of all time for making the to most critics as the greatest film ever made! Even his broadcast for The War of the Worlds was phenomenal. Edgar Wright is also awesome for making Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, and my all time favorite of this year, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World. I have heard of David Lynch and Woody Allen, but I never seen any of their movies before. And for everyone else, I have never heard of. Now for my list. I didn\'t want to give away my favorite movies of all time yet. I was hoping to hold on to that thought for my top 30 favorite movies list. So I\'m just going to scramble the order, just so you guys won\'t see what my favorite movie of all time is. That, and I\'m only going to give you guys only 10 of them. Favorite movies: Aliens The Fifth Element The Breakfast Club Stalingrad Back to the Future Batman A Christmas Story Christmas Vacation Samurai X Akira Favorite Directors: Hayao Miyazaki Steven Spielberg John Hughes Edgar Wright Christopher Nolans

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)