Login

Jekkie:
Pretty much, though I disagree with the \'pretentious\' and Donnie Darko comments. =P I think that movies like Mulholland Drive and The Fountain just use surrealistic imagery to help create a point about their respective themes and characters. Whereas Donnie Darko is a pseudo-intellectual\'s thoughts on God, Mulholland Drive seems like a dreamy throwback to films like Sunset Boulevard and other films that have warned against the Hollywood dream. That, and I do love surrealism in general. As for Kubrick, I\'d still love him even if he wasn\'t considered an important director. I love everything about his style - cinematography, scripting, pacing, etc. I know [i]A Clockwork Orange[/i] has some tough scenes to swallow (teehee), but I appreciate what it has to say and I find it to be a great film. Basically, I\'m of the opinion that the best films are the ones that are contemplative and intimate. Anyway, I like your top 10, Reed, and it fits your definition of entertainment being the highest form of cinema. From what I can tell, you seem to like flashy movies that have some substance (I don\'t mean that in a bad way, either). I\'ll stop there, though, as I\'m not that great at analyzing people\'s tastes based on their top ten. I will say, however, that Jeff Goldblum is a man\'s man. As for javie\'s list, Reed pretty much hit the nail on the head.\'Nuff said.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)