Login

BrotherReed:
Shutter Island was just oozing style. For some reason Martin Scorsese is disliked by the Academy. He finally got recognized for The Departed a few years ago but it seemed like they were making up for decades of ignoring movies like Taxi Driver, Raging Bull, and Goodfellas. It\'s not surprised that when he made a genre piece he got overlooked. Nolan, it seems, is getting some of the same treatment. It\'s like they\'re forced to recognize Inception and The Dark Knight because popular opinion is so strongly behind them, but snubs for director and editing show they still have a grudge either against him or his style of film making. You\'re right about DiCaprio\'s performance in that being better than Inception. He had more character stuff to dig into. Also, I\'m now rethinking some of my predictions. The King\'s Speech made a huge showing at the SAG awards - The Social Network may be losing even more steam. I\'m now thinking there may be a split, and that The King\'s Speech could take either Best Picture or Best Director with the other going to The Social Network, but... again it\'s a hard call. I don\'t know which predictions to change yet but I feel confident there are going to be upsets.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)