Login

ROB1:
Let's continue here, shall we. :) [b]Monergism wrote:[/b] [quote][quote]Don't think I didn't notice that you didn't directly address the scripture in Acts, and don't trying to go to Desiring God to find an answer.[/quote] 1. The text doesn't support what you think it does. Yes, they were worshiping a god in ignorance, but not the TRUE God. You would have to read SO MUCH into that text to make it say that they were worshiping the true God. 2. Trust me, I don't need Johnny P to exegete a basic text.[/quote] Paul clearly said what they were doing.....they were worshiping the true God ignorantly and Paul revealed Him to them. Acts 17: [color=#0000FF]22 Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious. 23 For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. [b]Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.[/b][/color] Why would these people make an altar to God if they werent seeking God? This is why I said what I said about theology. In order to save the Calvinist definition of TD, Calvinism causes you to have to incorrectly exegete what Paul clearly said.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)