Login

ROB1:
[b]Monergism wrote:[/b] [quote][quote]Consider Romans 2:14-15. How can a Gentile be unable to receive any spiritual truth from God if that Gentile already has the law of God in their heart? Isn't God's law good? Please show me in Genesis where a part of the fall included man not being able to receive any spiritual truth from God. I would like to respond to #2 above at length, but let's take this to a differnt place so we can abide by the rules. I look forward to dialouging with you.[/quote] ....Seriously? 1. I just quoted in Romans 3 that all are evil and fallen and can do no good, and do not seek God at all. 2. I also quoted 1 Corinthians that they cannot believe the gospel. 3. There is a HUGE difference between law and gospel. Just because someone has the Law does NOT mean they can come to God or receive any biblical gospel.[/quote] 1) I realize that, but Romans 3 is speaking in a general sense, not attempting to make the point that no man has the ability to seek God. Just because men didn't seek God doesnt mean they cant. 2) I realize that, but let's look at this passage: 1 Cor 2: [color=#0000FF][b]14But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness unto him; neither can he know them,[/b] because they are spiritually discerned.[/color] Now, why does this passage say the natural man cant know the things of the spirit of God? Let's go back to verse 12 and read into 14: 1 Cor 2: [color=#800080]12[b] Now we have received[/b], not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit which is of God, that we might know the things that are freely given to us by God. 13 These things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness unto him; neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned[/color] So the reason the natural man cant know the things of the Spirit of God is because he hasnt received the Spirit of God. [b]We were all natural men at some point in our lives![/b] Again, Paul isn't saying that a sinner can't get saved unless God wants him to, he's saying that a man that is still minding "natural things" cant receive things from the Spirit of God. 3) Well, Jesus did say this: John 6: [color=#FF0000]44 No man can come to Me [u][b]unless the Father who hath sent Me draw him[/b][/u]; and I will raise him up at the Last Day.[/color] So you're right about people not being able to come to Christ when they feel like it. Jesus also said this: John 12:32 [color=#FF0000]32And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, [u][b]will draw all men unto Me[/b][/u]."[/color] So that means erbody is getting "dragged" at some point AND just because someone is "dragged" doesn't mean they will be saved. John 6:44 was speaking of the beginning and the end of salvation, not what happens in the middle. There other scriptures that address what can happen between the beginning amd the end, like John 15:1-2. :) As far as you saying that person having the Law of God in their heart not meaning they can receive any Gospel, what scripture are you using to back that notion up? Jesus said this: Mark 8:34 [color=#FF0000]34And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, [u][b]Whosoever will [/b][/u]come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.[/color] He said, "whosoever will", not "whosoever I allow". The call of the Gospel goes out to all people and all people will receive the ability to respond salvifically when they hear the Gospel.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)