Login

THeMadHatter:
If you're that concerned, then date her for a while before you instantly bring her home on the first night out. That way, she gets to know you, and you can warn her that your mother can sometimes be a little overbearing. Honestly, don't use the word "sexist" to her. I know a LOT of girls who hold the belief that a girl can predict how a guy will treat her down the road based off of how he treats the women he's grown up with in life. If he's rude to his elders, if he's judgmental to his mother or sister, then she will stay away from him out of fear he will be rude and judging to her as well. I'm not accusing you of doing this, I only encourage you to let HER make the decision as to whether or not she is sexist. Using words like strong willed or overbearing are not bad, but descriptors of behavior. Sexist is a label. Try not to use those. Like someone else said, when she knows she can trust you, she'll make her own decision about the matter. I don't think your mum is going to chase her away, not if she's into women's rights anyway. She'll be very accepting of another girl. As for your question: can she just not meet your mom. No. She's going to at some point or another, because if you ever want to marry a girl, guess who will be at the wedding. And keeping them away from your mom instead of being open with her will only make her more angry and call men more names. If you can be open and honest, then your mother will be more accepting of your relationship and of the girl. Also, when you keep the girl away, she WILL assume something is horribly wrong, and be very suspicious of you and your home. That takes down the honesty/confidence/openness and trust levels a LOT.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)