Login

MisterNathan:
[b]javie wrote:[/b] [quote]Seriously, did they even achieve anything?[/quote] [b]***********SPOILERS (maybe?)************************[/b] Well, obviously, in the end, no they didn\'t. However, I thought their reasoning was pretty obvious. Nelec, apparent head of this brand of research, was on a power trip and didn\'t want to let anything stand in his way to recapture the beast. They were laying a trap for the alien (as he specifically stated) by bringing him into the town. We were supposed to dislike the foolish arrogance of Nelec, and to that end the job was done well. Another thing I really liked about the film was Abrams\' typical strong female character. She was still a kid, and most definitely still a girl, but she was first or foremost strong. I feel like a lot of people are overly harsh on Abrams due to Lost. I personally have mixed feelings on the subject. First of all, we probably wouldn\'t hate it so much if it weren\'t for the Lost fans. But really, the show had an interesting premise...the only problem was that it ran for too long, and as twist upon twist was revealed over the years, the premise was all but lost (zing!) and with it, all that made the show excellent. I think that the show was the victim of its rabid fanbase, and if they hadn\'t been so crazy into it, it would have died when it still lived as a work of beauty in our minds. That said, I really didn\'t care too much for the show. :P I don\'t see why you pluralized \"movies\" when you talked about his disappointing works. Also, I\'m not sure what you\'re considering his works. He actually only directed two episodes of Lost, while co-writing and producing the rest. If we\'re going by his producer credits, it\'s really an impressive list: Forever Young, Alias, Cloverfield, Star Trek, Fringe, and Super 8, just to name a few. His writing credits? Armageddon, Mission Impossible 3, Fringe, Super 8 (again, just to name a few). Or maybe his directing credits, where pretty much everything he did was really solid. That said, I would disagree with your rating, and I think that once you see it again after it comes out on DVD, you may be inclined to agree. I think you might be affected by two factors. Firstly, you just saw it. Secondly, you had mediocre expectations to begin with. It was a decent movie, not quite forgettable, but I don\'t think I\'d refer to it as \'super\'. I\'ll recommend it to my friends and probably see it again on DVD once or twice, but that\'s about it.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)