Login

MisterNathan:
Judging by your replies to where you quoted me, I think you may have me confused with an Arminianist. ;) I believe in double predestination. You see, single predestination doesn't work in my mind for a few reasons, not the least of which is found in Ephesians. For the record, I believed in what I now recognize to be single predestination on my slope from Arminianist to full-fledged Calvinist, where I've now landed on double predestination. Ephesians 1:11 HCSB In Him we were also made His inheritance, predestined according to the purpose of the One who works out everything in agreement with the decision of His will. It seems pretty straight forward to me that God works out [i]everything[/i] in agreement with His will. As in, actively works out. See, with single predestination, we have the issue of "action by inaction". If God chooses to save some, then, whether actively or inactively, He effectively damns the rest, since, being omnipotent, He has within Him the power and ability to save everyone, but chooses not to. It's almost like single predestination admits to this side of God, but doesn't want to have to actually look at it.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)