Login

defiant-revolutionary:
"the condescension in your post is interesting." interesting the one who is first condescending is the first to outright accuse the other of condescension. "Oh, you people. *snicker snicker* Everybody thinks they know so much about church history." That's not condescending at all is it? Now I could equally reply to your post with condescension and lack of substance in a forum of debate.... but that's just not the kind of person I am. Debate is ideas clashing... however ignorant you may perceive me to be, it's the fact that you think I'm ignorant *and* have no desire to discuss these ideas, that I perceive as condescension. You may believe what you want, and it may be different from me, but rather than think "he's just stupid let's not give any further information but make him look stupid" as was the case in your previous post, I actually used scripture to back up my statements, rather than relying solely on hearsay and arrogance to prove my point. Further I never claimed to know greek... "as to times, days, and feasts, each should be convinced in their own mind" Convinced in their own mind? So in other words there is no definite times/days/feasts? Again I beckon you to back up your statement with scripture. This statement you have made seems eerily to coincide with the scriptural reference I used from Daniel... as indeed if people are convinced that despite scriptural clarity on the matters of times/days/feasts that it's interpretable in any manner you wish then it allows the beast which daniel spoke of to rein. Oh but that's right, you're perhaps one of the many who look at the "old testament" with a scorn, nothing to see here folks..... it's only the VERY THING that inspired the messiah in everything he did and everything he taught. Course one must look deeper into it in order to see the new testament in the Torah... but I assure you it's there. "I don't believe someone should work on the Sabbath, and I am actually more strict about it than many of my fellow Reformed and Presbyterian brethren. However, as to whether it is Saturday or Sunday, I don't think that altogether matters." So let me ask you this then. You don't believe someone should work on the Sabbath? Then where do you get that belief from? Perhaps from the same book which establishes the DAY of the Sabbath as an eternal covenant with his people.... a topic altogether ignored by those who argued to change the Sabbath. "Does that mean you should stone your son if he's rebellious" The messiah establishes the order of importance of commandments.... Love God first! Then love your neighbor as yourself.... should your son be rebellious? no... but more importantly, if you love your neighbor as yourself, would you want to be stoned for being rebellious? unlikely.... so hopefully you can love your neighbor as yourself and not stone your son for being rebellious. In this manner one day your son might not be rebellious any longer and return, as did the prodigal son. "what about the laws about cities of refuge" who's to say there aren't cities of refuge still established in Shamayim? Actually if you read about the cities of refuge in detail you can see that a person for instance who accidentally kills someone is to go to this city and live in refuge under the authority of the high priest for as long as he lives.... "and he shall abideH3427 in it untoH5704 the deathH4194 of the highH1419 priest,H3548 " wow... until the death of the high priest? But our high priest isn't going to die and indeed has ordained a place of refuge for those that believe in him.... coincidental similarity? or perhaps just old testament rubbish, depends on your perspective I guess. "remember the Sabbath on the Lord's Day are obeying that commandment" So if I am told "remember Christmas Day!" for instance (I'm not but that's beside the point), then if say New Years rolls around and I celebrate it then and say "See I remembered!" is that accurate? no... I in fact forgot... and if everyone was made to forget, but then refused to remember later when the knowledge was available to them.... it still doesn't make it a fulfillment of the commandment to "remember Christmas Day" as I didn't remember but forgot and instead established a different day for Christmas. "we must not make this an entrance exam into Christianity. If someone is out based upon their adherence to Sabbath laws" I never claimed it was an entrance exam, I find it odd that you would suggest that. Further I never claimed "someone is out" based on not remembering the Sabbath... I am not the judge, merely a student... a good student shares his knowledge with other students so they will be better prepared for the "entrance exam" to come.... lol... The messiah establishes the order of commandments as previously stated. If I were to forget the Sabbath would I want to be damned for eternity? no, I would want a chance for correction.... but don't try to tell me forgetting is remembering.... despite your derogatory statements towards Bob Marley I will again quote him, as he had the courage to speak about God when all the American popular musicians were out talking about Sex Drugs and Rock N Roll.... do you know even know what Reggae means? "Lord guide and protect us.... when we're wrong please correct us" "That's really an argument you're using?" Actually that was one point among many points in the argument, as you know since you responded to far more than that... but none the less you of course must use condescension to augment your argument.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)