Login

Dante:
While there is a lot about which to be concerned regarding a person whose job is to educate young holding the patently ignorant view that any and all gays are but "perverts," the ever growing accessibility and usage of social networking websites to monitor and essentially dictate people's actions when off the clock is troubling. A person's personal views don't definitively preclude them from being competent at their job, an this kind of stuff strikes me as an attempt to fire ppl based on their personal views as opposed to any job incompetence. Living in the Midwest I worry myself about future job opportunities that may not be available to me on the sole basis of my lack of belief in god. Something that likely would not be hard to find out. On the one hand, the widespread usage of social media has made employees off the clock more visible to the general public an therefore in a sense, constant representatives of their place of employment. On the other hand, companies refusing to hire ppl based on what legal (albeit perhaps not PC) actions they take on their free time has no place in society if you ask me. If we don't protect people from these sort of arbitrary firings, we embrace a society wherein companies can, by all intents, legally infringe on people's rights to live their lives as try see fit. Dante

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)