Login

BrotherReed:
It's that time of year again, folks! It'll be November in a matter of minutes, and I'm starting to realize I haven't been keeping up on new movies this year. That's partially because I don't have time to see movies in the summer and because I'm poor, but it's also because I haven't had anything this year that I was really looking forward to. A lot of mediocre sequels and remakes came out, and some original movies slated to be big had rather tepid word of mouth. Anyway, I noticed that when I began last year's thread I had seen only 13 movies, and I'm up to that now so I might as well start anew. Feel free to discuss films in this thread, list 2011 movies you've seen, rate, rank, whatever. I'll be keeping a list as I'll probably be watching more current movies from now through Oscar season. Here's my listing of movies I've seen so far this year, in order of preference. 1. Drive - 8/10 2. The Adjustment Bureau - 8/10 3. Hanna - 7/10 4. Super 8 - 7/10 5. In Time - 7/10 6. Source Code - 7/10 7. The Lincoln Lawyer - 7/10 8. Insidious - 6/10 9. Unknown - 6/10 10. Midnight in Paris - 6/10 11. X-Men: First Class - 5/10 12. Thor - 5/10 13. Just Go With It - 2/10 Now... I will have to say that perhaps I've not been fair to a few of these films. Early this fall I watched several movies that didn't get my full attention. Midnight in Paris, in particular, probably deserves a second watch but is unlikely to get one before Oscar season. I hope this board isn't completely dead, cause I'd like to get some recommendations and start filling in the gaps in my viewing.

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)