Login

Dante:
[quote]To throw the party line.... Adam and Eve's DNA was perfect, and it's been slowly deteriorating ever since. As for diversity in our genome -- the genome really isn't that diverse. For the small percentage that is different, diversity isn't really a problem from an evolutionary mindset, is it? I know the YEC viewpoint probably doesn't merit enough time for the diversity we see today, but there is also the interbreeding of mankind with *something* that produced the giants 'n stuff.[/quote] Perfection is not the issue. We're not talking about deteriorated DNA, we're talking about diversity, which the genome [b]is[/b] quite diverse and [b]is[/b] a problem from an evolutionary perspective. What is basically being suggested is that Adam and Eve had all the alleles for all of the modern genome, yet somehow didn't succumb to what can be best described as certain death. Genetic variability is crucial to a species, without it you get inbreeding. Current estimates suggest that were the population to dwindle below 10,000 there would be unsustainable genetic variability and our species would die. [b]samsono500 wrote:[/b] [quote]'MESOPOTAMIAN accounts have garnered the most discussion since they are culturally closer to the BIBLICAL material than any of the other non-SCRIPTURAL narratives. The most famous mesopotamian FLOOD account is the Babylonian version, found in the LIBRARY of the ASSYRIAN king ASHURBANIPAL (seventh century BC) as part of the larger epic of Gilgamesh........An AKKADIAN account dating to around 1600 B.C recounts basically the same tale as that embedded in the Babylonian epic .......An even earlier SUMERIAN version, kwown as the ERIDU GENESIS, contain the stories of creation....,along with an account of the great FLOOD.......' -Archaeological Study BIBLE published by Zondervan page 13...GOD bless you[/quote] And your point is.... what? That if enough ancient cultures believed in some supernatural event then it [b]must[/b] have been true? You don't want to take that logic to its end, believe me. The fact remains that a world wide deluge is not possible (not without wiping out all life on Earth), and were it to occur there would be evidence of it. [quote]What is wrong with me is the fact that you can get so worked up over the fact that I don't care enough to respond to someone who can't seem to put together a coherent sentence. I would rather have a rational discussion with someone who paid enough attention in grade school to have gained the ability to string words in such a way that it is easy to understand. What is also wrong with me is the fact that you can get so worked up about debating this person and smashing their argument into the ground. Granted he did put it in the debate forum so he did kind of invite discussion on this subject, but I don't he intended the hammer of Dante to come swinging in from on high like Thor. Also I was trying to lighten the mood a little bit with some comedy, but seeing as how that failed I guess my time is better spent being a forum lurker as is my norm. (Not that I'll be missed.) Also I do enjoy learning it's just dealing with people like you who insist on being so intense about subjects that they have such an extreme interest in that when someone expresses disinterest they feel compelled to defenestrate the person the next time they see that person (assuming that when they meet they are in a location that provides the opportunity for a defenestration). There are some people in this world that don't share the interest that you have when it comes to biology and evolution vs. creation. Also not everybody is so willing to go toe to toe with people when they are still formulating their opinion on certain matters. But who cares as long as everyone knows that your opinion/theory/proven fact is the right one? Not everyone wants to go through the draining process of discussing a subject with the most intense students of said subject. It's not that I totally don't care it's that I don't care to debate you on a subject where your passion burns with the intensity of a thousand suns and where mine is still trying to become a flame (granted I may just stay away from the subject if everyone is like you in this regard). I also don't care to debate someone who is either incapable of stringing together coherent sentences or blatantly chooses to disregard the rules of grammar.[/quote] Feel free to refer to Serf's post. Dante

XS (Extra Small) SM (Small) MD (Medium) LG (Large)